Apart from walking on the beach and swimming , there is a local 9-hole golf course, a local surfing school, and various weekend activities throughout the summer. There are local restaurants and a pub. Donegal in the South of Ireland is accessible by a local ferry (15 minutes away), and the entire Causeway coast is near at hand.
|What we do: We have a single caravan ( Robin) available for rent for the season commencing when we have full government approval. The maximum number of occupants is six. It has central heating, wi-fi, a television and a fridge. The kitchen is fully equipped and includes a toaster, microwave cooker, and an electric kettle. A single car space is reserved in the car park for your visit. Use of electricity and the gas for cooking is included in the price. This private caravan site is a secure, child friendly, family site. It is two minutes walk from Benone Strand. This European Blue Flag and Seaside Award beach is a golden sandy strand without rocks, shingle or seaweed. Lifeguard service is on duty daily in July and August from 11am to 7pm. The Sea Shed Coffee Shop is located at the entrance to the beach and serves excellent coffee and hot chocolate. Benone Tourist Complex is approximately a 10 minute walk away and includes a supervised playground, outdoor heated splash pool, tennis, an activities centre, crazy golf and 9 hole golf course. Waves Coffee Shop and Bistro serves breakfast, lunch, dinner.|
|UPDATE 1: Northern Ireland is opening self-contained tourist accommodation from 30 April, but with no household mixing or shared facilities. This means that privately owned caravans can be used by their owners from May onwards.
Hospitality and accommodation
Overnight stays are permitted in self-contained tourism accommodation (such as self-catering houses, caravans and motor homes). This includes any accommodation which does not require guests to share washing facilities, toilets or kitchens.You can only share holiday accommodation with the people you live with in your household, and people in your bubble.
From 24 May, all tourism accommodation (including shared facilities) can reopen. Up to six people from no more than two households can stay together overnight. Children aged 12 and under are not counted in the total.
If a single household has more than six members the number staying together can be greater than six, as long as it does not exceed 10 (including children).
Accommodation providers will be required to collect customer details to help with the Test, Trace, Protect contact tracing programme.
Customer details will include the:
name and telephone number of each visitor over the age of 16
date and duration of stay.
|NEW for 2021 Short week end breaks (3 day) between Friday and the following Sunday, and long week end breaks (5 day) between Friday and the following Tuesday breaks will be available in May, June and September. Provisional booking available until NI government authorise opening of these accommodations.|
|Who we are : Campbell and Oonagh are third generation owners of a small caravan site at Benone, Magilligan on the Causeway Coast of Northern Ireland. The first caravan on this site, "Olivet", was built in the years 1914 -1915 by David Glass, grandfather to the present owner, and his brother Robert Glass. It was built on top of a horse drawn cart that transported goods to and from the docks in Derry / Londonderry. Located in its present location in 1919 and has since been refurbished and maintained in good condition. In 2015 we celebrated "Olivet's" 100th birthday with a grand tea party.|
|What we provide : We are a small family run caravan site 50 metres from Benone Strand, we have a single caravan for rent in 2021. It has central heating and wi-fi, television and fridge. The kitchen in each is fully equipped and includes a toaster, microwave cooker, and an electric kettle. All bedding is provided. Guests must bring their own towels. A single car space is reserved in the car park for your visit. Use of electricity and the gas for cooking is included in the price. A small food shop is located within a short (100 m) walk from the entrance, a restaurant and activity centre (heated outdoor children's pool, tennis courts, golf course) 10 minutes walk away. Coleraine and Limavady are medium sized towns 15 minutes drive from here. Portstewart and Portrush two seaside towns are 20 minutes away. A ferry continually operates during the summer to Donegal from the end of the strand.|
|The prices will be the equivalent of £85 per day (£500 for 6 days), £75 per day ( £900 for 12 days) Week end breaks out of season are available in May, June and September. At £240 for a 3 day short w/end between Friday and Sunday, and a £350 5 day long w/end between Friday and Tuesday. A 24 hour "deep cleaning" day is allocated between weekly rentals.|
|Terms and conditions :
* There is a 24 hours Covid-19 clean / buffer time required between bookings.
* Arrival time is after 12:00 hrs (12 noon) on the Sunday.
* Departure time is by 12.00hrs (12 noon) on the Saturday.
* You are required to bring all necessary personal washing material and all towels.
* Bedlinen is provided.
* Before leaving the caravan guests are required to place all bedlinen, pillows, and duvets in the large plastic bags provided.
* Tea towels and bathmats are to be placed in bags with the bedlinen.
* Personal Towels are not provided so bring them with you.
* Guests are requested to remove all belongings, food and personal hygiene items before leaving the caravan.
* Gas, c/h oil, electricity and Wi-Fi are supplied.
* Pets are absolutely not allowed.
* Smoking is not allowed inside the caravan.
* Breakages must be paid for.
* You must ensure that the doors are locked and the windows closed when the caravan is unoccupied.
* Only those named on the completed booking form are entitled to occupy the accommodation.
* At the end of your stay please leave the caravan in a clean and tidy condition.
* Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
* Owners reserve the right to enter the caravan at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
* Owners cannot accept liability for any injury, loss of damage suffered by you or any member of your party.
* Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
|Departures: You must vacate the caravan by 12 noon on the last day of your stay. Please place ALL bedlinen, duvets, pillows in the bags provided and leave them in the main lounge. Please take ALL your belongings and ALL food with you.|