As you will see Benone is located in the middle of a seven mile stretch of fine sand and lies within a National Park, so staying there you have both stunning scenery, a super beach, lots of walks, and local amenities while still being centrally located for the entire northern part of the island of Ireland. The broad sweep of Donegal is easily accessible, and Derry city is 45 minutes away. Belfast is an easy day trip from here and will take around 80 minutes.
Because of the current Coronavirus Epidemic we are taking no further rental bookings until next year 2021. The permanent caravan owners are advised that the government has still closed all caravan parks. This notice will be updated as government advises. At this point it seems likely to be kept in place until probably the end of June.
|Who we are : Campbell and Oonagh are third generation owners of a small caravan site at Benone, Magilligan on the Causeway Coast of Northern Ireland. The first caravan on this site, "Olivet", was built in the years 1914 -1915 by David Glass, grandfather to the present owner, and his brother Robert Glass. It was built on top of a horse drawn cart that transported goods to and from the docks in Derry / Londonderry. Located in its present location in 1919 and has since been refurbished and maintained in good condition. In 2015 we celebrated "Olivet's" 100th birthday with a grand tea party. There is more to be seen in the Pictures section.|
|What we provide : We are a small family run caravan site 50 metres from Benone Strand, we have caravans for rent in 2020. All have central heating and wi-fi, television and fridge. The kitchen in each is fully equipped and includes a toaster, microwave cooker, and an electric kettle. All bedding and towels are provided. A single car space is reserved in the car park for your visit. Use of electricity and the gas for cooking is included in the price. A small food shop is located within a short walk from the entrance, a restaurant and activity centre (heated outdoor children's pool, tennis courts, golf course) 10 minutes walk away. Coleraine and Limavady are medium sized towns 15 minutes drive from here. Portstewart and Portrush two seaside towns are 20 minutes away. A ferry continually operates during the summer to Donegal from the end of the strand.|
|Terms and conditions :
* Arrival time 15.00hrs (3pm)
* Departure time of 10.00hrs (10am) sharp.
* Pets are not allowed.
* Smoking is not allowed.
* Ensure that the doors are locked and the windows closed when the caravan is unoccupied.
* Only those named on the completed booking form are entitled to occupy the accommodation you booked.
* At the end of your stay please leave the caravan in a clean and tidy condition.
* Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
* Owners reserve the right to enter the caravan at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
* Owners cannot accept liability for any injury, loss of damage suffered by you or any member of your party.
* Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
* If the booking is made within a month of the date requested then the entire fee is required before that booking is approved. If it is longer than a month before the requested date then a deposit of £75 is required before the booking is approved. The balance is then required a calendar month before the booking date. If cancelled more than a calendar month from the requested date then you are eligible for a refund of your deposit less a £25 administration fee.
* If others book the same dates before the deposit or complete fee is paid, then the person who pays first will get their booking approved.
| Specials :- in the Low Season we run a number of special offers. The first is a Week-End Offering consisting of a Friday Evening to a Sunday Lunchtime on specific dates. The second is a Four Day Offering which runs Monday to a Friday Lunchtime, but you can discuss this with us if you want slight variations.