As you will see Benone is located in the middle of a seven mile stretch of fine sand and lies within a National Park, so staying there you have both stunning scenery, a super beach, lots of walks, and local amenities while still being centrally located for the entire northern part of the island of Ireland. The broad sweep of Donegal is easily accessible, and Derry city is 45 minutes away. Belfast is an easy day trip from here and will take around 80 minutes.
|What we do: We have two caravans available for rent for the season commencing April 2022. The maximum number per caravan is six. They have central heating, wi-fi, a television and a fridge. The kitchen is fully equipped and includes a toaster, microwave cooker, and an electric kettle. A single car space is reserved in the car park for your visit. Use of electricity and the gas for cooking is included in the price. This private caravan site is a secure, child friendly, family site. It is two minutes walk from Benone Strand. This European Blue Flag and Seaside Award beach is a golden sandy strand without rocks, shingle or seaweed. Lifeguard service is on duty daily in July and August from 11am to 7pm. The Sea Shed Coffee Shop is located at the entrance to the beach and serves excellent coffee and hot chocolate. Benone Tourist Complex is approximately a 10 minute walk away and includes a supervised playground, outdoor heated splash pool, tennis, an activities centre, crazy golf and 9 hole golf course. Waves Coffee Shop and Bistro serves breakfast, lunch, dinner.|
Hospitality and accommodation
Overnight stays are permitted in self-contained tourism accommodation (such as self-catering houses, caravans and motor homes). This includes any accommodation which does not require guests to share washing facilities, toilets or kitchens.You can only share holiday accommodation with the people you live with in your party.
|NEW for 2022 Discounts are available for Mid and Low Seasons as well as for longer periods than a week. We have fortnight and three week discounted breaks.|
|Who we are : Campbell and Oonagh are third generation owners of a small caravan site at Benone, Magilligan on the Causeway Coast of Northern Ireland. The first caravan on this site, "Olivet", was built in the years 1914 -1915 by David Glass, grandfather to the present owner, and his brother Robert Glass. It was built on top of a horse drawn cart that transported goods to and from the docks in Derry / Londonderry. Located in its present location in 1919 and has since been refurbished and maintained in good condition. In 2015 we celebrated "Olivet's" 100th birthday with a grand tea party.|
|What we provide : We are a small family run caravan site 50 metres from Benone Strand, we have a single caravan for rent in 2021. It has central heating and wi-fi, television and fridge. The kitchen in each is fully equipped and includes a toaster, microwave cooker, and an electric kettle. All bedding is provided. Guests must bring their own towels. A single car space is reserved in the car park for your visit. Use of electricity and the gas for cooking is included in the price. A small food shop is located within a short (100 m) walk from the entrance, a restaurant and activity centre (heated outdoor children's pool, tennis courts, golf course) 10 minutes walk away. Coleraine and Limavady are medium sized towns 15 minutes drive from here. Portstewart and Portrush two seaside towns are 20 minutes away. A ferry continually operates during the summer to Donegal from the end of the strand.|
|Terms and conditions :
* There is a 24 hours cleaning clean / buffer time required between bookings.
* Arrival time is after 12:00 hrs (12 noon) on Sunday.
* Departure time is before 12.00hrs (12 noon) on the next Saturday.
* If the booking is made within a month of the date requested then the entire fee is required before that booking is approved. If it is longer than a month before the requested date then a deposit of £100 is required before the booking is approved. The balance is then required a calendar month before the booking date. If canceled more than a calendar month from the requested date then you are eligible for a refund of your deposit less a £25 administration fee.
* You are required to bring all necessary personal washing material and all towels.
* Bedlinen is provided.
* Before leaving the caravan guests are required to place all bedlinen, pillows, and duvets in the large plastic bags provided.
* Tea towels and bathmats are to be placed in bags with the bedlinen.
* Personal Towels are not provided so bring them with you.
* Guests are requested to remove all belongings, food and personal hygiene items before leaving the caravan.
* Gas, c/h oil, electricity and Wi-Fi are supplied.
* Pets are absolutely not allowed.
* Smoking is not allowed inside the caravan.
* Breakages must be paid for.
* You must ensure that the doors are locked and the windows closed when the caravan is unoccupied.
* Only those named on the completed booking form are entitled to occupy the accommodation.
* At the end of your stay please leave the caravan in a clean and tidy condition.
* Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
* Owners reserve the right to enter the caravan at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
* Owners cannot accept liability for any injury, loss of damage suffered by you or any member of your party.
* Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
|Departures: You must vacate the caravan by 12 noon on the last day of your stay. Please place ALL bedlinen, duvets, pillows in the bags provided and leave them in the main lounge. Please take ALL your belongings and ALL food with you.|